Membership has it's advantages...
~ SMWL MEMBERSHIP DUES ~
As our League has just begun to come together for in-person meetings, this year's membership dues have been pro-rated to $115.
JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2021 NEWSLETTER:
Shared in the Covid-19 Policies in the May edition of the SMWL Connections newsletter (https://www.smwl.org/newsletters), due to financial uncertainties, the Board suspended the 2020 Membership Dues until further notice. And because of government restrictions limiting groups of 10 or more from assembling, the Annual Meeting and Elections were also postponed until the restrictions are lifted and it is feasible to conduct a safe Annual Meeting and Election.
However, with these restrictions over the past year, your Board has continued operations with monthly virtual meetings, Care Committee reaches, informative emails and Newsletters, a Virtual Party, League and Foundation financial overview and management, and grant submission reviews with monetary distributions to many local and worthy causes including:
- Scholarships: College of Southern Maryland (CSM) - $3,000
- Grant: Big Hair Ball/Lifestyles Sponsorship - $2,500, Sponsor: Anne Rees
- Grant: Special Olympics - $250 - Sponsor: Suzanne Wible
- Grant: Families in Recovery/Charles County Drug Court - $700, Sponsor: Candice Kelly
- Grant: Hospice of Charles County - $500, Sponsor: Rona Kelley
- Grant: Spring Dell - $500, Sponsor: Rona Kelley
- Grant: Port Tobacco Players - $500, Sponsor: Rona Kelley
- Grant: The Arnold House - $1,000, Sponsor: Diana Rucci
- Grant: KidSTREAM, Inc. - $1,000, Sponsor: Darlene Breck
- Grant: Charles County Literacy Council - $1,000, Sponsor: Ruth Mudd
- Grant: Southern Maryland Carousel Group - $500, Sponsor: Lisa Case
- Grant: Lifestyles, Inc. - $1,000, Sponsor: Ann Rees
- Grant: Maryland Crime Victims Resource Ctr. $1,000, Sponsor: Laura Forbes
- Grant: Wayside Food Bank - $500, Sponsor: Ruth Mudd
- League Funds: Boxed Lunches for Community Homeless - $500, Sponsor: Teresa Klopfer
From your entire Board of Directors and Committee Chairs, we are honored to have the opportunity to serve together on behalf of you - our members, our community, and the mission we serve.
Suzanne Wible, Candice Kelly, Pam Frank, Rona Kelley, Kelly McCormack, Becky Hoffman, Carole lewis, Andrea Sanford, and Natalie McKinney.
Full Membership Dues
~ SMWL DONATIONS/SPONSORSHIPS ~
Women of Impact Direct Sponsorship Donation
$2,500 Platinum, $1,000 Gold, $500 Silver, $250 Personal
$100 Sister-to-Sister, or the amount of your choice.
To make a direct donation/contribution or sponsorship,
please contact Rona Kelley Foundation Treasurer.
Over the past twelve years, the Southern Maryland Women's League has donated over $245,000 in support of programs to benefit women and children within our community. It is through our annual fundraisers, special events, and activities that we are able to raise these funds. We encourage local business owners, residents, and other women of impact to join us in our mission and support the SMWL by participating in these events and through direct donations to our SMWL Foundation. We thank you in advance for your support.